Are you going on a cruise? Are one of these ports on your itinerary? While your ship is in port, relax and play at an all-inclusive beach resort! In Jamaica, you can obtain a pass to either the Sunset Beach Resort in Montego Bay or the Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort in Ocho Rios. Cruisers can enjoy white sand beaches, sparkling pools, savory lunches, snacks, beverages, tropical drinks–all included. Read more about it here.
Recently I participated in an online webinar by Stuart, the owner of Resort For a Day, and learned a lot more about this unique product. I have been on many Caribbean cruises, and I sure wish the Resort for a Day program had been available to me. Additional properties and islands have been added (please note some of the resorts are not all inclusive):
Jamaica: new port of Falmouth now available (Hilton Rose Hall & Spa)
Grand Cayman: Westin Casurina Resort and Spa on Seven Mile Beach (but not all inclusive)
Barbados: three resorts to choose from (two are not all inclusive), the Almond Casurina is all inclusive
Nassau: Paradise Island Harbour Resort
Freeport: Viva Wyndham
St. Maarten: Westin St. Maarten Dawn Beach Resort & Spa (not all inclusive, but includes a luxurious guest room, pool and beach lounge chairs, float mats, towels, and more)
Cozumel: Cozumel Palace (all inclusive)
Some bullet points I learned about this program:
• Resort for a Day is not affiliated with the cruise lines
• Forms of payment accepted: Credit Cards and PayPal
• Full refund if your ship misses the port
• Can cancel up to 11 days prior
• Your admission to the property is reserved and guaranteed, because some resorts place a limit on the number of day passes available to cruise ship passengers.
• The island properties are NOT time shares—you will be treated as a resort guest
• Jamaica: transfers included
• Nassau: transfers not included
• Freeport: transfers included
• Grand Cayman: no food and drink included, but includes beach chair/umbrella and even a room at the Westin Casurina resort, where you can shower and relax! The resort pass is for up to four guests.
• Kids under 3 free
These day passes are as low as $69 per adult, and in many cases, INCLUDE TRANSFERS from the ship to the resort! How many shore excursions offered by the cruise lines are under $70 and include all your food and drink? Read more about it here!