The new Disney Fantasy arrived in New York yesterday. The newest ship in the Disney Cruise Line fleet is scheduled for christening on March 1 in New York City before the ship sails down the East Coast to its homeport in Port Canaveral, Florida.
The Disney Fantasy will sail alternating seven-night cruises to the Eastern and Western Caribbean and Disney’s private island paradise, Castaway Cay, with the maiden voyage scheduled for March 31, 2012.
New Experiences: Disney’s newest ship will bring to life many of the innovative features guests love on the recently launched Disney Dream including AquaDuck — the world’s first shipboard water coaster. But new design elements and guest experiences will give the Disney Fantasy an identity all its own.
Some of the new highlights found on the Disney Fantasy include:
- Europa – a nighttime entertainment district exclusively for guests 18 and older that features sophisticated bars and trendy lounges inspired by the very best in European travel.
- A new, innovative show for the Animator’s Palate restaurant where diners will serve as guest animators. During the “Animation Magic” show guests are asked to hand-draw a character of their own at the start of dinner. After an entertaining show featuring montages from Disney animated films and shorts, guests prepare for a whimsical finale moment where the guest-drawn characters spring to life and interact with characters from beloved Disney animated classics.
- At Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique aspiring young princesses and pirates receive the full fairy tale treatment with pixie-dusted and piratical makeovers at this very special salon.
- A new ship means new main stage entertainment at the Walt Disney Theatre:
- “Wishes” is a spectacular production debuting on the Disney Fantasy. This signature show is a 45-minute musical journey about three best friends who discover that the secret to being a grown up is staying connected to their inner child. Full-scale production numbers and special effects bring excitement to the stage as the cast of “Wishes” performs original songs and classic Disney tunes with a contemporary twist.
- New to Disney Cruise Line®, “Disney’s Aladdin – A Musical Spectacular” takes the stage on the Disney Fantasy. During this Broadway-style production, guests laugh along with the wise-cracking Genie and the cast from the classic animated Disney film, “Aladdin.”
- “A Fantasy Come True” is a 45-minute high energy, multimedia, musical production that follows one family’s journey as they discover the amazing experiences and enchanting surprises that await them aboard the Disney Fantasy. Ultimately, they learn that the greatest experience the ship has to offer is the opportunity to make memories together as a family that will last a lifetime.
- “An Unforgettable Journey,” is a 45-minute musical production that celebrates the extraordinary journey guests experienced onboard the Disney Fantasy. This farewell show highlights the memorable moments and distinctly Disney touches through the words and wisdom of the man himself – Walt Disney. Walt Disney quotes, audio and video clips connect the guests’ experiences to the man who started it all.
- Guests can splash and play in the AquaLab – a brand-new water play area on deck 12, near the entrance to the AquaDuck water coaster. Families can frolic among pop jets, geysers and bubblers in this fun and fanciful 1,800-square-foot space. As the story goes, AquaLab was created by Donald Duck’s nephews, Huey, Dewey and Louie, and features a variety of water “experiments” designed to drench the whole family.
- The Disney Fantasy features another new area for guests of all ages to cool off. On deck 12 forward, a wading pool with a fountain water feature, ample seating and lounge chairs under canopy offer a respite in the shade.
- In addition to Quiet Cove Pool and Cove Bar on the Disney Fantasy, a new adult-exclusive area offers a retreat on the upper decks for guests 18 and older. At Satellite Sun Deck on deck 13 forward a brand-new water feature called Satellite Falls is a circular splash pool with benches and a gently falling rain curtain that provides cool comfort. Around this upper deck, adult guests can soak up the sun in loungers or relax in the shade under a canopy.
- The Muppets make their debut on Disney Cruise Line in a brand-new adventure game aboard the ship. In “The Case of the Stolen Show,” Guests set out on an interactive quest to help a cast of more than 20 Muppets find their missing show props.
Source/credit: Disney Cruise Line
Click here to view the itineraries for the Disney Cruise ships (pdf file).
Contact Island Time Travel for a quote!