There’s never been a better time to rediscover America. And the Great American Steamboat Company has the perfect way to explore the heartland of our great nation—aboard the grand American Queen, the only authentic, overnight paddlewheel steamboat in America.
There’s no more unique way to experience the history, heritage and culture of America’s heartland than a voyage aboard a genuine steamboat. Stroll through charming towns and vibrant river cities. Explore historic ports of call like New Orleans, Natchez, Mark Twain’s Hannibal, Chattanooga and Pittsburgh, just to name a few. Along the way, you’ll learn about the great events and people that have contributed to America’s history and culture.
Fares will include:
- Exciting voyages for three to 11 nights on the American Queen.
- Shore excursions to fascinating river towns and cities.
- One-night luxury hotel stay and transfers before or after your voyage included in price.
- Complimentary bottled water and soft drinks.
- Complimentary wines and beers with dinner.
- An array of sumptuous dining options including regional cuisine by famed American Chef Regina Charboneau.
- Captain’s Champagne Welcome Reception and Gala Dinner.
- All regular shore tours included in the price of your voyage.
- Hot and cold canapes at cocktail hour every evening.
The Ship: The Grand American Queen
The largest steamboat ever built, the grand American Queen is a gracious and elegant triumph of American ingenuity.
Although filled with today’s modern amenities, her rooms and accommodations display all the opulence of the American Victorian era. Glistening woodwork, fresh flowers and antiques adorn her interior spaces. Outside, lacy filigree evokes memories of the many stately river steamers that preceded her and so inspired her designers.
While on board, you can select a volume from the vast collection in the Mark Twain Gallery, the boat’s library. Or enjoy a sing-along in the Main Deck Lounge, and then tap your toes to a lavish show in the two-deck-tall Grand Saloon, the most elegant showplace on the river.